10 November 2013

M.I.A Speaks Candidly About Single Motherhood With Stop Being Famous



M.I.A. is everything except conventional, which is why you will be fascinated and not surprised by her parenting style. The political and fashion-forward recording artist spoke with StopBeingFamous.com about money politics and love. She touches on what a normal morning is like for her and son, Ihkid, and her true expectations for him as he grows into a man. See the interview highlights after the jump.


SBF: What do you do when you first wake up usually?
M.I.A.: You know, the right thing to do is wake up and drink hot water with a slice of lemon, apparently. That resets your body. I never do that, but I just remember all this stressful shit, and I try to tune it out. Now, I have my son. He doesn’t have a room, so me and him share a room, and we share a bed. So he usually jumps on my head or says something and wakes me up.
SBF: Human alarm clock.
M.I.A.: Yes! He is my alarm clock, so I never get that moment to sort of zone into the day and just start and so –
SBF: Kids wont let you daydream.
M.I.A.: Well, he changed my life, basically. Until he literally walks out the door, he occupies 110% of my brain.
SBF: What kind of man would you like your son to be?
M.I.A.: Well, this is the difficult one because first of all, I don’t really know what trait is going to be most important in twenty years’ time. I think I have a rough idea, but my son has got a very interesting, but also very difficult situation, because he’s between me and Ben.
He has to deal with the polar opposites in the education, but I just hope that he’s not fearful of other people, and that he’s not gonna grow up in New York thinking that Iran’s gonna drop a bomb on them all the time, because that seems to be the general principle, you know? Living in fear and creating out of fear rather than setting a good example to society.

Read the full interview here on StopBeingFamous.com

Photos from Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment