14 December 2013

Aiesha Arab Meets "The Film God" Q Oliver


It was a pleasure crossing paths with Atlanta based photographer Quintavius Oliver and his lovely wife Persephone. I sat down with the two for coffee a spoke about the Q's love for his darkroom, Persephone's love for audio books, and their shared admiration for the late great Helmut Newton. Read more and see what happened when Q turned his 35 mm camera on me.



Before jumping into the camera with film, we practiced with a Fuji X100. This camera still looked frail, toylike, unlike the brawny 5D cameras many use today. Film gives no second chances. This allowed me to get warm and for Persephone to measure the light just right to shoot. This camera was also use to create the GIF image above.

FujiFilm X100



"I was lucky to have my wife as the art director, and it turned out to be quite something - a great success. I'm very proud of it."

- Helmut Newton

Next we jumped right into these shots with his Lomo lc-a+, a 35 mm Russian compact camera.
Lomo lc-a+

I am wearing here what I usually wear in the house. I was told to not wear any other make up besides eyeliner and lipstick to highlight my eyes and lips for the camera. On film foundation and blush doesn't look great. I faced natural light coming from the window. 
Hasselblad 500c/m


Hasselblad 500c/m

Hasselblad 500c/m



Hasselblad 500c/m


Hasselblad 500c/m




"It's that I don't like white paper backgrounds. A woman does not live in front of white paper. She lives on the street, in a motor car, in a hotel room."
- Helmut Newton



Overall, my time with Quintavius and Persephone was whole. I learned, I laughed and I related. I admire these two for truly loving film and taking the time to explain a few things to me about it. * I'm still waiting for some other images to be developed but no haste! I'll update my instagram as Q and Persephone work on them. You can find more from Q here: www.film-god.tumblr.com and Persephone LoveArtLust.tumblr.com




Below are Helmut Newton Originals:

Self-Potrait with June and Models, Paris 1980 

Dressed, Paris 1981

Naked, Paris 1981 






3 comments:

  1. Love everything about this!! Inspirational young lady!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. !!! How Dr.great Save My Broken Heart Of Marriage Today !!!.

      My name is joy brown, my family and i live together live in London UK.It was after seven years i got to discover that my wife was unfaithful to me.I didn't know what was going on at first but as she got deep in the affair with her new lover, i felt that our marriage was on the rocks.I notice that she no longer light up when i touch her or kiss her in her neck and her chest cos she really liked it when i did that, she also usually get naked in front of me but when she started seeing that guy she stopped it.I remember asking her if i have done anything that makes her feel irritated when i am around her then she gives silly excuses that she has been feeling stressed up and that she need space for a while.I know when you are been asked for space its usually because there is something fishy is going on.I hired a private investigator to help find out what was going on.And in a week time he brought me prove that my wife that i have lived with for seven straight year is cheating on me with her high school lover.I had picture of her walking out a of a restaurant with him and many other photo of them kissing in public like she will never be caught by someone that knows she is my wife.I asked myself, even when we had a daughter together she could this to me.That same night i showed her the pictures that i got from my private investigator.She didn't look at it before saying, that she is seeing someone and she know that i just found out about it.Then she said that she is in love with him.At that moment, i didn't know if to kill myself or to kill her but the button line is that if i was going to kill anyone it was going to be me cos i was so much in love with her to even think of thinking to hurt her.As time when on she asked for a divorce and got it and even got custody of our daughter and i was all alone by myself.For a year i tried all i could to get her back with the help of my seven year old daughter.Even at that all effect was in vain, i used the help of her friend but turned out all bad.I know most people don't believe in spell casting but believe me this was my last option and the result i most say was impressive.And i know it difficult to believe but A SPELL CASTER Dr great really made my life much better cos he gave me my family back.He didn't ask me to pay for what he did for me all i was to do, was to provide the materials for the spell and believe that he had the power to help me.Like he said, he was going to do something that will make her reset her love and affection for me just as it has always been.My wife told me she woke up and realized that she should have never left me that i am all she needs.To make thing clear, her life with her high school lover was great before Dr great castled the spell they had no disagreement on anything.The guy said it himself that why she broke up with him is unexplainable.Only Dr.great can do such a thing contact him to solve your problem with his email:greatpowerspelltemple@gmail.com ,or kindly visit he website http://greatpowerspelltemple@gmail.com . CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS okay.

      Delete