13 December 2013

How Beyonce Propels Political Pop Heroism








I cried tears today listening to a Beyonce song. I didn't cry in a fanatical way, although many obsess over the beauty and grace that composes the singer. Seamlessness is probably the best word to describe her public image but it was a very special feature other song "Flawless" that took me away.


Beyonce features Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, a novelist and feminist from Nigeria. Adichie is charming, well spoken and an absolute representation of a true feminist. The idea of feminism is nothing radical but, her words and message pierce on the Hit Boy produced track of Beyonce's Visual Album. Adichie's message will reach far beyond her lectures at TED. She acknowledges that the word "feminist" is often defined as a group of women who are angry and with out husbands. This is not the true character of a feminist, it's an attack imposed by people afraid of true social equality between the genders. Beyonce's inclusion of Adichie's message is a huge step toward changing the unbalanced social attitudes towards women not just in the hip hop culture but across popular culture.




The Lyrics to "Flawless" featuring African Novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie 

It gets discouraging when you have feminist ideas and beliefs and no one wants to hear you out. They ask you to "relax" and think you're angry or thinking too much. It's a form of oppression. When it becomes normal and popular to be political, the entire culture will be a safer place, more pensive place. I think everyone deserves the same social opportunities.

The way men and women make excuses for how we openly degrade and limit women in society needs to stop. We shame single women and mothers and praise single men or men with "pretty" wives; Because she is weak for being a matriarch and he is strong for living vainly. Untrue and bias. Also how women are expected to seduce to get ahead in their careers and relationships; to "use what you have" to get ahead is so poor.

"We are all social beings. We internalize ideas from our socialization. Even the language we use in talking about marriage and relationships illustrates this. The language of marriage is often a language of ownership rather than a language of partnership. We use the word 'respect' to mean something a woman shows a man, but often not something a man shows a woman. "

Feminism is not an attack against men. I value and appreciate men 100%. I love many men including my dad and women like me push men unconditionally wanting to see men prevail but sadly a lot of men don't want to see women be very successful or more successful than them. The proof is in the overall attitudes in hip hop culture. I'm pushed but it's not the same push or pride behind it. My dad expressed to me my life and opportunities were limited now because I have a child - not in a malicious way but in a factual way because most people, in fact, would place limitations on me from the threshold of any of my ideas. Like many in similar circumstances, there are employers on top of that who judge and screen women for having children. Somehow you are deemed unreliable for being a single mother. Not worth the hire. It's the reason a single mom of color is stereotyped as a welfare queen. It would drive a normal person into depression.

I hope "Flawless" penetrates people's attitudes. I'm observant. I know that I'm sitting in a crooked room and rather than bend over I will sit up straight with strong posture. Hands down, Mrs. Carter has one of the most powerful influences over pop culture today. I'm looking forward to the continuing impact of feminist ideas and more acts like it. Thank you Beyonce and Chimananda Ngozi Adichie for making politics popular. We owe you.



We Should All Be Feminists - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie











3 comments:

  1. i think the same, beautiful!! keep writing like that!!

    much love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How To Get Your husband Back,Love Spells That Really Work Fast


      Hello.........
      my name is Mrs lawrenta pedro,i am from Manchester united,i am happily
      married and blessed with kids,i am a business woman and my husband is
      business man too we both operating provision store, on October 1st 2014 me
      and my husband embank on a trip to South Africa,on our way back,we had a terrible
      accident,that took my husband's life,while i was rushed to the hospital,by
      god grace,i was still living,after a year and seven month,when my husband
      were passed away,a man came to my house,and ask me to get married to him,
      unknown, that he was HIV positive and i never bordered to conduct a check
      up test with him,before,i accepted him into my life,why,because,he was so
      cute,gentle and handsome young man,he was so caring.i never look at
      him,like one that would be hiv positive.after two year of our marriage,my
      body system began to weak up,all day i feel dizzy and lazy,and i began to
      lose weight as well, so i went for a check up test ,for
      [fever,hiv/aid,malaria],the result, show me that, i am HIV positive.so i
      was afraid,that,i would die,so, i were running from hospitals,churches and
      native doctors,searching for cure, because i didn't want to die.one day i
      went to a pastor's house,i told him my problem;as i was telling the pastor
      my problem, there was one man which was with us,which i never look at his
      face,the pastor prayed for me,on my way out , this same man,who was siting
      with us,called me,i was like asking myself why this man was calling me, so
      i just manage to wait to hear out what he will say,he told me that,he will
      like to introduce me to this spell caster man, his name is HIOYA,SO
      i JUST SAID thanks and leaved,i never wanted to go and see this man called HIOYA,but a mind,ask me to go for a try,so i went there,i meant him and i explain everything to him,he cast a spell on me and he told me,after two weeks,i should go for a hiv check up test again,after two weeks,i went for the hiv test,which the result shows me that i am now HIV NEGATIVE,whaoooooooo. i was like mad at the hospital,very happy.....if you have any problem you are facing now.....

      HE IS SPECIALIZING IN THE FOLLOWING SPELL.
      love spell
      marriage spell
      divorce spell
      (1) If you want your ex back.
      (2) If you always have bad dreams.
      (3) If you want to be promoted in your office.
      (4) If you want women/men to run after you.
      (5) If you want a child.
      (6) If you want to be rich.
      (7) If you want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
      (8) If you need financial assistance.
      (9) How you been scammed and you want to recover you lost money.
      (10) If you want to stop your divorce.
      (11) If you want to divorce your husband.
      (12) If you want your wishes to be granted.
      (13) Pregnancy spells to conceive baby
      (14) Guarantee you win the troubling court cases & divorce no matter how what stage
      (15) Stop your marriage or relationship from breaking apart.
      (16) If you have any sickness like (H I V), (CANCER) or any sickness.
      (17) If you need prayers for deliverance for your child or yourself.
      (18)are having legs or joint pain,that is making you not to walk well
      Once again make sure you contact him if you have any problem he will help you. contact him immediately via[ greatpowerspelltemple@gmail.com]OR CONTACT +2347059014517.

      Delete