29 August 2014

Let The Hard Work Speak: Updates on My Family, Our Sacrifices and What's Next!




I've always been a problem solver. I scored high on statewide tests, because in my head I could break down questions in a way to eliminate decoys. I can still eye ball a multiple choice question and solve it because I either know the answer or A, B, and D don't make sense. It's never just one way to approach adversity with me and that exactly how I approach this life. The best feeling is being rewarded for my pragmatic approaches and I'm feeling bountiful lately. 
I will fill in some blanks about my family. This blog is about my mothering experience and my daughter's dad is apart of who I am as my mother. He is my rock, my heart, my lion, the BEST. I knew when we met and started speaking deeply that his goal to be a highly influential rapper/artist would take some sacrificing, some learning. We were ready to aim high.

The hurdles have come and we keep it moving. We do what we need to do and stay true to who we are to get it done. When you have your mind set on a goal, it'll always come into fruition. This is a testimony. If you don't know about him please look him up, his story will make more sense, his name is Stalley. Thank you to Rick Ross for calling his phone a little over two years ago and seeing everything I know about him up close. He is vibrant, a student of life, with respect and admiration for hip hop. He watches every rap battle, researches every sample and is super knowledgeable about music in general.

It was not easy for us to stop living and working conventionally, with out many who supported us and with a small child. I worked so many odd jobs to make ends meet. Stalley did shows, in between recording. Then, a lot of faux friends came around. It felt wack, I won't sugar coat it. People assume so much when he signed a record deal as he was still developing as an artist, meaning always being in the studio and creating music he was comfortable with. Today he has his sound. He'll never sound like a carbon copy of any other artist because he took the time to make his own music. Stalley has tons of discipline . He is one person I enjoy sparring with, mentally. Kylie has two great parents.

Stalley is putting out his first album this year, October 27th. It's called "OHIO".

He shot a video for one song on the album called "Jackin' Chevy's". I posted photos I took on set below as well as links to his videos AND another single with Ty Dolla $ign called "Always Into Something". THE MUSIC IS AMAZING!

As far as myself, I've been writing freelance and working from home, shooting the shit (LOL), but really just putting out great energy. I'm showered in blessings. I interviewed a few people on the red carpet at the BMI's awards, took a few pics of that too.







The video for "Jackin' Chevys" features Eazy-E's mom and son. It was amazing interacting with them!!! History was made.

 







I took this photo in Eazy's living room.


Jumping! Great day. Now a few photos of me working:





What is next for us is to do exactly what is BEST FOR US. That is the only way I can put it. I took a few years of preparation and we want to change our lives in the next 60 days, who else is down for it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment