03 December 2013

Reminder to Self: I Choose Sophistication

Although it seems easy to be reckless, it's not the most flattering choice. My dad told me once, that the only time a man or woman matures is when they are tired of doing dirt. There's no real way to tell until they are just ready to stop living unethically. It was brash but sobering truth. I relate this to myself and other types of relationships. I know that my decision to be mature is my choice. Anyone around me deciding to make unsophisticated decisions has little to do with me.



I never knew a person that wore carelessness well. As juveniles we've all made immature decisions. I think back at some of the things I chose to entertain and I cringe but that is what makes us 'juvenile'; unrefined. The person I am today doesn't tolerate or perpetuate behavior unaligned with my character. Sophistication is my choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment